ANDREW JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL RENOVATION
Built in 1927, AJHS is the oldest fully accredited high school in Duval County and is named for US President Andrew Jackson. When Duval County Schools were first being established, Andrew Jackson High School was on the verge of losing accreditation due to roof leaks, cracks, and window damage. This lead to a need for the restoration.
Renovations totaling $5 million were completed in 1992. Interior renovations were made to various classrooms, the media center, cafeteria, auditorium, administrative areas, and athletic facility and weight room. Exterior improvements included new parking areas, drivers' education range, and track and field additions.
PQH continued its work at Andrew Jackson High School in 1993 by completing the school's Health Magnet portion of the school. For this $240,000 project, existing vocational shops were rehabilitated to become medical classrooms, labs, and "hospital" training rooms.
Completion Date: 1992
Location: Jacksonville, FL